Benefits of scalp micropigmentation. Where does one begin? In essence, there are too many to mention and so few negatives that deciding to be on the receiving end of this life-changing treatment is easy.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation
Also known by its abridged version, SMP, it is a contemporary cosmetic treatment used to conceal the damage that hair loss brings. The techniques employed by a technician when carrying out this innovative and cutting edge procedure work a little like tattooing. Natural pigments are implanted using a machine fitted with a micro-needle into the scalp in a series of tiny dots. Once healed, the result is the appearance of imitation hair follicles which give the appearance of a closely shaved and iconic buzz-cut, fresh from the barber’s chair. Or in the cases of diffuse thinning, underlying shading to provide a look of a fuller head of hair.
What are the Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation is a hair restoration treatment that is suited to a wide variety of conditions. It is not only a quick procedure, but it is also non-invasive and holistic. Once completed and aftercare routines have been adhered to, you are left with a maintenance-free look that will remain in place for a good three to five years before requiring top-ups. So what are the ultimate benefits of scalp micropigmentation?
- SMP restores the natural hairline in the case of moderate to complete baldness
- Conceals varying forms of alopecia and diffuse thinning
- Effectively reduces the visual impact scarring, burns or blemishes can have on the scalp.
- It is an affordable treatment coming in at only the fraction of the cost of its counterparts such as hair transplants.
- Scalp micropigmentation is a safe treatment. Pigments used during treatment are full of solely natural ingredients and are often found to be plant-based.
- And to save the best until last… it is a treatment that doesn’t claim to promote hair growth, but it is one that can claim that it is guaranteed to work. This is because it conceals the problem over attempting to cure one that is notoriously difficult to reverse.
Choosing the Right Scalp Micropigmentation Practitioner
If you’ve decided to proceed with this life-changing treatment then the next stage is to ensure you choose the right scalp micropigmentation practitioner. Professional clinics and technicians should have :
- certification of SMP training
- knowledge of skin physiology
- a sterile environment that is visibly clean
- needle cartridges that are sealed
- protection used during treatment which includes a medical-grade mask, gloves, and guards on all machines and devices.
When speaking to a potential technician or clinic, don’t hesitate to ask them questions such as where they trained and how long they have been practicing scalp micropigmentation. Generally speaking, they will have a portfolio of clients to look through who have received treatments through their clinics. These can also be found on social media sites along with reviews from previously satisfied customers.
If you’d like to chat more about the benefits of scalp micropigmentation then don’t hesitate to reach out to us here. Making contact is just the first step to beginning your hair restoration journey and we are always delighted to hear from you.